In order to stimulate its growth and continue to improve its offer, Mapgears is looking for a backend development pro to expand its team.
Are you a performance optimization fanatic and Python has no more secrets for you? We need your talents!
As a backend developer at Mapgears, your role will be to develop, test and improve the functionality of our web mapping products.
Since we are a small team, your expertise and your vision will be essential to the development of the company, and you will have a real impact on the quality of the products.
Ready to take up the challenge and join a close-knit, dynamic and slightly geeky team?
The ideal profile has the following skills:
- At least 1 year of Python development experience
- At least 1 year of SQL experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Communication API development experience in a web environment
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, an asset)
As well as the following skills:
- French/English bilingualism spoken and written
- An ability to effectively manage time and deadlines independently
- An ability to think outside the box and try new things
- An interest in self-training on the latest technologies in computer science and geomatics
- An ability to work in a team and to communicate effectively and with respect
- Knowledge of the Pyramid framework for Python
- Knowledge of SQL Alchemy
- Experience with OSGeo Foundation tools: MapServer, OpenLayers, MapCache, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, GDAL
- Knowledge of systems administration
- Knowledge of the Jinja2 templating engine
- Salary/benefits competitive and commensurate with experience
- Possibility of remote work
- The option of integrating a worker-shareholder cooperative (CTA)
If you are interested in this challenge, send us your CV and tell us what you can bring to the team!